We are very excited to announce we are hiring for a new position within our rapidly growing team! We are looking for a Home Energy Advisor to join our team. This is an amazing opportunity to join a rapidly growing company. We are a little different from most companies and we gift aid all profits to www.pect.org.uk which is an amazing environmental charity, making the U.K a more sustainable place for us all to live!
Home Energy Advisor – Local Energy Advice Team – Self Employed
Green Energy Switch (GES) is a subsidiary of Peterborough Environment City Trust (PECT), an independent and innovative environmental charity helping to protect and enhance the environment throughout Peterborough and beyond. GES donates all its profits to PECT to help fund its work. Green Energy Switch is a dynamic company that delivers a broad range of energy services across the UK for businesses, registered social landlords, local authorities, and individuals. We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join our highly skilled team based in Peterborough.
Purpose of role:
Green Energy Switch is recruiting a Home Energy Advisor to work in its Energy Services Team. As a Home Energy Advisor, you will provide a comprehensive advisory service on fuel poverty, energy, water efficiency, and related topics to the public, both face to face and via telephone help lines working on behavioural change projects and initiatives that improve the quality of life for local people. You will work on a range of energy-saving projects including home energy visits, business energy comparisons, and accessing eco funding. The role involves partnership development and liaison with a range of stakeholders, including residents, local authorities, housing associations, community groups, businesses and utility companies. You’ll be given all the support and guidance you need and you will have the opportunity to become part of a highly successful organisation making a real and positive difference to the local area.
You will be smart in appearance to be the ‘public face’ of our organisation, with a friendly, courteous and professional nature. The ideal candidate will be confident working in both a busy team environment and on their own initiative. Strong organisational and communication skills are imperative.
The experience and training gained through the project, will give the post holder an excellent insight into the energy sector and will ensure they are well placed to pursue future employment in the field of energy efficiency.
1. To undertake home energy visits to advise on saving energy
2. To identify potential for heating and insulation measures.
3. To use a variety of methods to persuade and encourage shifts to more energy and water efficient living and to reduce fuel and water poverty through the provision of advice and guidance
4. Provide practical help and guidance on lower energy cost options and change tariffs
5. Have a keen eye for detail
6. Be customer focused with strong communication skills
7. Evaluate and monitor activities using performance indicators
8. Attend local events and speak to businesses and residents
9. Ability to work to and achieve challenging targets
10. Be highly organised in your approach to sales, documentation and record keeping
11. Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage own workload to meet strict deadlines and targets
12. Able to work well under pressure
1. Experience of working in a public facing role.
2. Knowledge of domestic sustainable energy and affordable warmth issues relevant to a city.
3. An excellent written and verbal communicator, with the ability to provide clear, relevant technical and non-technical advice to members of the public and other officers.
4. Ability to promote and market energy and environmental advice to residents and to provide targeted advice and assistance to residents in fuel poverty.
5. Ability to work in collaboration with, and on behalf of other public bodies including local authorities.
6. Excellent IT skills, including a good working knowledge of: Microsoft Windows, Excel, Outlook, Word.
7. Willingness to undertake an enhanced satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service formally known as the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Disclosure.
1. Ability to prepare written and visual information.
2. Knowledge of energy supply tariffs and their characteristics
3. Ability to pick up new skills and knowledge quickly and learn and develop in an ever-changing environment.
4. Enthusiasm for and understanding of environmental / sustainable development issues
*The advisor will be paid per job, fees of each job type can be discussed at interview stage.
*Flexible working hours between Monday and Friday
*Regularly earn between £300 – £600 per week (before tax)
This is a description of the job, as it is constituted at the date shown. It is the practice of GES to periodically examine job descriptions, update them and ensure that they relate to the job performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. The Director of Operations of GES will conduct this procedure in consultation with the post holder.
To apply, please send your C.V and cover letter to Head of Operations – email@example.com