Our Home Energy Team is expanding! We are looking for another Home Energy Advisor to join our amazing energy team!
There could not be a more crucial time to be providing Home Energy Advice and support to the public so if you want to help those most in need in our society, please apply for our Home Energy Advisor role!
Green Energy Switch (GES) is a subsidiary of Peterborough Environment City Trust, an independent and innovative environmental charity helping to protect and enhance the environment throughout Peterborough and beyond. GES donates all its profits to PECT to help fund their work.
Green Energy Switch is a dynamic company that delivers a broad range of energy services across the UK for businesses, registered social landlords, local authorities and individuals. We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join our highly skilled team based in Peterborough.
Purpose of Home Energy Advisor role:
As a Home Energy Advisor you will provide a comprehensive advisory service on fuel poverty, energy and water efficiency and related topics to the public, both face to face and via telephone help lines working on behavioural change projects and initiatives that improve the quality of life for local people.
You will work on a range of energy saving projects which include home energy advice visits, home energy comparisons, accessing eco funding for energy saving measures etc. The role involves partnership development and liaison with a range of stakeholders, including residents, local authorities, housing associations, community groups, businesses and utility companies.
You’ll be given full support, guidance and training and you will have the opportunity to become part of a highly successful organisation making a real and positive difference to the local area.
You will be smart in appearance to be the ‘public face’ of our organisation, with a friendly, courteous and professional nature. You will be confident working in both a busy team environment and on their own initiative. Strong organisational and communication skills are imperative.
Employer: Green Energy Switch Ltd
Job Title: Home Energy Advisor
Based: Ham Lane House, Ham Lane, Peterborough PE2 5UU
Salary (per annum pro rata): £23,000 per annum
Hours/Week: 37 hours
Work outside normal hours: Evening and weekend work will be required
Reports to: Operations Manager
Contract: Permanent – full time
Closing date for applications: 1st June 2023
How to apply? Email email@example.com (GES Director) with your C.V and cover letter
Key responsibilities for the Home Energy Advisor role:
- To undertake home energy visits to advise on saving energy and money
- To identify potential for heating and insulation measures.
- To use a variety of methods to persuade and encourage shifts to more energy and water efficient living and to reduce fuel and water poverty through the provision of advice and guidance
- Provide practical help and guidance on lower energy cost options and change tariffs
- Work with the marketing/Operations Manager to ensure high project profile amongst residents, businesses and the media.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the development and refinement of processes, to ensure efficient delivery of projects
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Be customer focused with strong communication skills
- Evaluate and monitor activities using performance indicators
- Attend local events and speak to businesses and residents
- Ability to work to and achieve challenging targets
- Be highly organised in your approach to sales, documentation and record keeping
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage own workload to meet strict deadlines and targets
- Able to work well under pressure
- Support the Operations Manager on other tasks appropriate to the scale, as and when required.
- Any other ad hoc duties
Essential criteria for the Home Energy Advisor role:
Experience working in a customer service or advisory role
A personable character with a caring and empathetic approach to others.
Excellent communication skills extending to colleagues, the public and key stakeholders.
Demonstrable experience of meeting challenging targets.
Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office software package.
Excellent administration and customer service skills.
Must be a team player but also able to act independently and use own initiative.
Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
Ability to problem solve and research the best solution to individual needs
Willing to undertake training where required.
Flexible and able to deal with changing priorities
Ability to travel throughout Cambridgeshire and Rutland
Desirable for the Home Energy Advisor role:
- Knowledge and understanding on the energy sector and fuel poverty
- City and Guilds level 3 in Energy Awareness or equivalent.
- Previous experience of providing energy efficiency advice.
- Understanding of the principle of good customer care.
- Experience of managing Funder relationships and the ability write and present clear and concise reports on time.
- Previous experience of providing training for others.
- Experience of organising and running public events.
The Home Energy Advisor will be based at the GES’s office in Peterborough and will work normal office hours, however on occasions will be required to work outside these hours and away from the office. Staff are required to attend occasional training courses, conferences and meetings that will necessitate staying away from home overnight.
Meet some of our team! If you would like to meet another Home Energy Advisor or just want to get a feel for what it is like to work at GES, please check our about us page!