Back in September, the PM Rishi Sunak pledged to scrap policies that would force landlords to upgrade the energy efficiency of homes to an EPC rating of C or higher by 2025.
However, what you may not know is that having an EPC of E or higher is still a legal requirement for landlords to be able to sell/ re-let a property.
So what is an EPC and why would you need one?
An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is a document that rates the energy efficiency of a building on a scale from A to G, with A being the most energy-efficient and G being the least. It provides valuable information about the building’s energy consumption and carbon emissions. Having a rating of E or higher is still a legal requirement for landlords to be able to sell/ re-let a property.
What are the benefits of our EPC service?
- We are competitively priced at £55 + VAT which is one of the lowest rates in the UK
- We have experience of working with estate agents, housing associations, and private homeowners all across the UK (except Scotland)
- We pride ourselves on high customer service levels
- We have quick turnaround times*
- We’re a profit for purpose company making us an ethical choice
- We also offer Commercial EPCs!
*Our average turnaround time in May was 23 hours, June was 15 hours, and July was 15 hours.