Newly launched this spring, www.greenenergyswitch.co.uk provides you with easy access to a comparison of 100% green energy tariffs. With self-isolation measures and remote-working restrictions currently in force, home energy bills are set to rise – so why don’t you make the switch and save online today?
Green Energy Switch is offering a selection of the best renewable energy tariffs, chosen on the strict criteria of providing value for money, fantastic customer service and because they are 100% ethical.
Switching to a green tariff could save you money and help tackle climate change. Homes save £230 a year on average by switching to renewable energy through the site.
The only tariffs listed are those where the supplier can guarantee that 100% of the electricity sold is matched by energy from renewables. Green energy means power generated from the elements (such as sun, wind and water), and biofuels (gas released by rotting food and agricultural waste). Choosing a green energy supplier can help play a part in tackling climate change and improving air quality.
“Through this campaign we’re hoping to encourage large numbers of UK households to switch to affordable and renewable energy tariffs,” says Maxine Palmer, Director at Green Energy Switch. “By doing so we hope to cut carbon in the UK and tackle climate change. We want to create a positive movement towards making greener choices, both at home and in our business lives, and to help support future investment in renewables.”
There are no costs for the user in switching through the site, but an additional benefit is that any profits made by Green Energy Switch are gifted back to the environmental charity PECT to help fund its vital work.
The charity works with communities, schools, businesses and voluntary organisations to make a real difference to people’s lives and enable change for a sustainable future. Whether it’s helping people stay warm and healthy at home, tackling social isolation, and supporting environmental education in schools or protecting and transforming local landscapes – the funds will go towards benefitting people, wildlife and the environment.
Green Energy Switch is a Peterborough-based service provider that delivers a range of environmental energy-related services across the UK. These include helping businesses and residents with commercial energy, solar power, electric vehicle charging points, LED lighting, home energy advice, Energy Performance Certificates, and providing a national Void Management Service.
For further details about PECT’s work, take a look at www.pect.org.uk.
Exciting news! I am expanding my Home Energy Team!
Are you interested in a role, where you are not only helping those in need but also helping save the planet at the same time?
If so, Green Energy Switch have the perfect role for you!
Leaving sixth form I didn’t have a clue of what I wanted to do for a career. I knew, from previous summer work, I wanted to earn money and work as opposed to attending University and ending up in debt. Green Energy Switch presented an unmissable opportunity for an apprenticeship inside of their plentiful projects relating to Energy Services.
I started with GES on 20/09/2019 and have never stopped learning from day one. Green Energy Switch have been really supportive with my studies in Level 3 Business Administration alongside work. I have used a lot of my work in my portfolio which Green Energy Switch has been able to provide many various jobs that I have done which has enabled me to put together a strong portfolio to support my studies.
Job title: Project Officer
Green Energy Switch (GES) is a subsidiary of Peterborough Environment City Trust, an independent and innovative environmental charity helping to protect and enhance the environment throughout Peterborough and beyond. GES donates all its profits to PECT to help fund their work.
Green Energy Switch is a dynamic company that delivers a broad range of energy services across the UK for businesses, registered social landlords, local authorities and individuals. We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join our highly skilled team based in Peterborough.
Purpose of role:
Green Energy Switch are recruiting a Project Officer to work in its Energy Services Team. As a Project Officer you will provide a comprehensive advisory service on fuel poverty, energy, water efficiency and related topics to the public, both face to face and via telephone help lines working on behavioural change projects and initiatives that improve the quality of life for local people.
You will work on a range of energy saving projects including home energy visits, business energy comparisons, accessing eco funding). The role involves partnership development and liaison with a range of stakeholders, including residents, local authorities, housing associations, community groups, businesses and utility companies. You’ll be given all the support and guidance you need and you will have the opportunity to become part of a highly successful organisation making a real and positive difference to the local area.
You will be smart in appearance to be the ‘public face’ of our organisation, with a friendly, courteous and professional nature. The ideal candidate will be confident working in both a busy team environment and on their own initiative. Strong organisational and communication skills are imperative.
This opportunity is a fixed term contract with possibility of expansion. The experience and training gained through the project, will give the post holder an excellent insight into the energy sector and will ensure they are well placed to pursue future employment in the field of energy efficiency.
Employer: Green Energy Switch Ltd
Based: Ham Lane House, Ham Lane, Peterborough PE2 5UU
Salary (per annum pro rata): £18,000 per annum
Closing Date for applications: 4 October 2019 at 5pm
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: asap
Hours/Week: 37 hours – Fixed Term Contract – 12 Months – part time hours will be considered
Work outside normal hours: Evening and weekend work will be required
Reports to: Energy Services Project Manager
- To undertake home energy visits to advise on saving energy and water
- To identify potential for heating and insulation measures.
- To use a variety of methods to persuade and encourage shifts to more energy and water efficient living and to reduce fuel and water poverty through the provision of advice and guidance
- Provide practical help and guidance on lower energy cost options and change tariffs
- Work with the marketing coordinator to ensure high project profile amongst residents, businesses and the media.
- Assist the Project Manager with the development and refinement of processes, to ensure efficient delivery of projects
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Be customer focused with strong communication skills
- Evaluate and monitor activities using performance indicators
- Attend local events and speak to businesses and residents
- Ability to work to and achieve challenging targets
- Be highly organised in your approach to sales, documentation and record keeping
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage own workload to meet strict deadlines and targets
- Able to work well under pressure
- Support the Project Manager on other tasks appropriate to the scale, as and when required.
- Any other ad hoc duties
- Experience of working in a public facing role.
- Knowledge of domestic sustainable energy and affordable warmth issues
- An excellent written and verbal communicator, with the ability to provide clear, relevant technical and non-technical advice to members of the public and other officers.
- Ability to promote and market energy and environmental advice to residents and to provide targeted advice and assistance to residents in fuel poverty.
- Ability to work in collaboration with, and on behalf of other public bodies including local authorities.
- Excellent IT skills, including a good working knowledge of: Microsoft Windows, Excel, Outlook, Word.
- Willingness to undertake an Enhanced satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service formally known as the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Disclosure.
- Ability to prepare written and visual information.
- Knowledge of energy supply tariffs and their characteristics
- Knowledge of ECO funding
- Ability to pick up new skills and knowledge quickly and learn and develop in an ever-changing environment.
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of environmental / sustainable development issues
The Project Officer will be based at the GES’s office in Peterborough and will work normal office hours, however on occasions will be required to work outside these hours and away from the office. Staff are required to attend occasional training courses, conferences and meetings that will necessitate staying away from home overnight.
Equal Opportunities – All employees will be given equal opportunity and, where appropriate, training to progress within the organisation or to further their careers externally. All employees shall assist in preventing discrimination and promoting equal opportunities.
Probation – On appointment staff will undergo a period of induction during which all elements of the role will be clarified and explained. Support will be available through regular meetings with their line manager. GES probation period is 6 months.
Appraisal – All staff will have an appraisal twice yearly with their line manager about their performance. The discussion will recognise good performance and address weaker areas. Most of the content will relate to the future and would result in specific plan for targets, training and development to help the individual progress. Appraisals should be regarded as positive opportunities for assessment and not directly concerned with discipline, grievance or redundancy.
Expectations the company has of all staff:
- Responsible presentation of all GES services
- Adherence to our Equal Opportunities Policy
- Fulfilment of the job description/specification
- Liaison with other members of staff concerning relevant issues
- To respect confidentiality
- Attendance at team, staff and partner meetings
- Provide notice of sickness and other absences to line manager
- Provide advance notice of holidays
- Exhibit empathy with the client group
- Car, with appropriate insurance cover for business use (where role requires)
This is a description of the job, as it is constituted at the date shown. It is the practice of GES to periodically examine Job Descriptions, update them and ensure that they relate to the job performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. The General Manager of GES will conduct this procedure in consultation with the post holder.
In these circumstances it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes but if agreement is not possible, management reserves the right to make changes to your job description following consultation.
Description prepared Maxine Palmer (Director) 14.8.19
Please send your C.V with covering letter to sarah.chatterton@
If you are a confident, articulate communicator who enjoys talking to people and finding solutions to their problems, then we have just the job for you.
We are looking to recruit a friendly, personable Home Energy Advisor / Project Officer to join our team based in Peterborough and Rutland.
Our home visits team are a vibrant, creative group of energy efficiency champions, who love to find ways to improve people’s lives by helping them use less energy, live more sustainably, and be warm, healthy and comfortable in their own homes.