Would you like to work somewhere where 100% of the team recommend the company as a great place to work?
Somewhere where there are many benefits, such as regular team away days and the ability to buy additional holiday?
Well that somewhere is Green Energy Switch, so why not join our expanding team now and be our next Home Energy Advisor!
A bit about us:
In brief, Green Energy Switch (GES) is a dynamic, versatile company that delivers a broad range of energy services across the UK; specialising in working with social landlords and local authorities. Established in 2006, GES is a subsidiary of environmental charity Peterborough Environment City Trust (PECT). Any profits made by GES are gifted back to PECT to help fund its vital work.
You can click here to view more about us and meet the current GES team!
We believe that staff benefits are key to attracting and retaining the best staff, here are some of our benefits below:
- Generous annual leave allowance – starting at 24 days per year + bank holiday
- Annual leave increase after 5 years service, to 29 days per year + bank holidays
- Ability to purchase up to 5 days annual leave per year
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Access to health insurance scheme
- Enhanced employer pension contributions
- Regular team away days (our last ones have included days out to London and Go ape!)
We also have incredibly positive staff survey results year on year.
Purpose of the role:
As a Home Energy Advisor you will provide a comprehensive advisory service on fuel poverty, energy and water efficiency and related topics to the public, both face to face and via telephone help lines, working on behavioural change projects and initiatives that improve the quality of life for local people.
Additionally, you will work on a range of energy saving projects which include home energy advice visits, home energy comparisons, accessing eco funding for energy saving measures etc. The role will also involve partnership development and liaison with a range of stakeholders, including residents, local authorities, housing associations, community groups, businesses and utility companies.
You’ll be given full support and guidance in addition to your training and you will have the opportunity to become part of a highly successful organisation making a real and positive difference to the local area.
Finally, you will need to be smart in appearance as you will be the ‘public face’ of our organisation, with a friendly, courteous and professional nature. You will be confident working in both a busy team environment and on your own initiative. Moreover, strong organisational and communication skills are imperative.
1. To undertake home energy visits to advise on saving energy and money.
2. To identify potential for heating and insulation measures.
3. To use a variety of methods to persuade and encourage shifts to more energy and water efficient living and to reduce fuel and water poverty through the provision of advice and guidance
4. Provide practical help and guidance on lower energy cost options and change tariffs
5. Work with the Marketing/Operations Manager to ensure high project profile amongst residents, businesses and the media.
6. Assist the Operations Manager with the development and refinement of processes, to ensure efficient delivery of projects
7. Have a keen eye for detail
8. Be customer focused with strong communication skills
9. Evaluate and monitor activities using performance indicators
10. Attend local events and speak to businesses and residents
11. Ability to work to and achieve challenging targets
12. Be highly organised in your approach to sales, documentation and record keeping
13. Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage own workload to meet strict deadlines and targets
14. Able to work well under pressure
15. Support the Operations Manager on other tasks appropriate to the scale, as and when required.
16. Any other ad hoc duties
- Experience working in a Customer Service or Advisory role.
- A personable character with a caring and empathetic approach to others.
- Excellent communication skills extending to colleagues, the public and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of meeting challenging targets.
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office software package.
- Excellent administration and customer service skills.
- Must be a team player but also able to act independently and use own initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to problem solve and research the best solution to individual needs.
- Willing to undertake training where required.
- Flexible and able to deal with changing priorities.
- Full Clean UK Drivers License and access to your own vehicle.
- Ability to travel throughout Cambridgeshire and Rutland.
- Knowledge and understanding on the energy sector and fuel poverty.
- City and Guilds level 3 in Energy Awareness or equivalent.
- Previous experience of providing energy efficiency advice.
- Understanding of the principle of good customer care.
- Experience of managing Funder relationships and the ability write and present clear and concise reports on time.
- Previous experience of providing training for others.
- Experience of organising and running public events.
The Home Energy Advisor will be based at the GES’s office in Peterborough and will work normal office hours, however on occasions will be required to work outside these hours and away from the office. Staff are required to attend occasional training courses, conferences and meetings that will necessitate staying away from home overnight.
Based: Ham Lane House, Ham Lane, Peterborough PE2 5UU
Salary (per annum pro rata): £23,000 per annum
Hours/Week: 37 hours
Work outside normal hours: Evening and weekend work will be required
Reports to: Operations Manager
Contract: Permanent – full time
So, why not apply now to be our next Home Energy Advisor: Green Energy Switch jobs and careers
Closing date for applications: 31/07/2023