We are looking for a dynamic professional with a passion for sustainable energy solutions to join our forward-thinking team as our new Business Development Manager.
Green Energy Switch (GES) is a dynamic, versatile company that delivers a broad range of energy services
across the UK; specialising in working with social landlords and local authorities. Established in 2006 GES
is a subsidiary of environmental charity Peterborough Environment City Trust (PECT). Any profits made
by GES are gifted back to PECT to help fund its vital work.
GES are a forward thinking company and there are many benefits to working for Green Energy Switch,
such as hybrid working, generous annual leave allowance, long service rewards, team away days and
one volunteering day per year.
Purpose of role:
Responsible for bringing all new business into Green Energy Switch in line with our strategic plans
for diversification and growth. You will need to ensure challenging new business targets are
achieved. You will also be responsible for managing key relationships and ensuring regular contact
with clients, through virtual and face to face meetings.
Employer: Green Energy Switch (GES)
Location: Ham Lane House, Ham Lane, Peterborough, PE2 5UU
Hybrid working: Ability to work on a flexible location basis with some visits to the office.
Travel: The role will require travel on a regular basis, possibly nationally.
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Hours/Week: 37 hours
Work outside normal hours: Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
Reports to: Director
Line Management: None currently, this may change with growth
Experience: Business Development: 2 years (required)
Licence/ Certification: Driving Licence (required)
Business Development + Sales
- Assist with developing and delivering a new business strategy that prioritises growth and
positive customer experience including target setting. The BDM to assist with execution and
ensure that targeted growth is achieved.
- Achieve the new business targets to diversify and grow GES client base within the energy sector.
- Undertake business development to identify new clients and bring onboard to all GES Service areas. Meet with clients, face to face and virtually.
- Undertake research and develop into new services and implement sales strategies within GES.
- Promote GES’ services to prospective clients.
- Participate in collaborative business meetings to update key stakeholders.
- Achieve personal and company business plan targets that have been set by the Director.
- Become an expert in all GES service areas to be able to promote and onboard clients effectively.
- Manage GES clients effectively and ensure they are happy with the service GES are providing.
- Ensure key clients are met with regularly.
- Ensure any client documentation is fully up to date.
- Assist with managing current key partnership relationships.
- Ensure the CRM is kept up to date at all times with any progress made.
- Provide monthly reports to the Director to view with extensive data in terms of key stats, such as sales in progress, successful sales, prospective sales and any relevant updates.
Short listing criteria
- Minimum two years’ experience of working as a Business Development Manager
- Minimum of Level 4 qualification in relevant subject area
- Experience and knowledge of the energy or sustainability sector
- Experience of meeting challenging targets.
- Confident communicator, both verbal and written.
- Experience of developing effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to meet and exceed challenging targets within set timescales.
- Creative thinker
- Willingness to use sustainable transport for work wherever possible.
- Good IT skills, including MS Office.
This is a description of the job, as it is constituted at the date shown. It is the practice of the business
to periodically to examine job descriptions, update them and ensure that they relate to the job
performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. The appropriate Manager in consultation with
the post holder will conduct this procedure.
In these circumstances it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if
agreement is not possible management reserves the right to make changes to your job description
Right to work in the UK
Green Energy Switch are not a home office sponsored organisation and are
not able to offer employment unless the applicant already has the right to
work in the UK via a passport or a visa that they have already obtained. We
are not able to sponsor individuals.
Please indicate in your CV or covering letter that you have the right to work in the UK.
So what are you waiting for, apply now to join our team!
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent, Mon-Fri
Salary: £35,000 per year
Application deadline: 13/12/2023
Meet our current team here