Yes, you heard that right! 100% of our team would recommend GES as a great place to work and we are looking for a new member to join our growing team!
Green Energy Switch (GES) are a dynamic, versatile company that delivers a broad range of energy services across the UK; specialising in working with social landlords and local authorities. Established in 2006 GES is a subsidiary of environmental charity Peterborough Environment City Trust https://www.pect.org.uk/ Any profits made by GES are gifted back to PECT to help fund its vital work.
You can meet some of our team here https://www.greenenergyswitch.co.uk/about/
We offer a hybrid working policy, along with many other benefits.
We are looking for a Project Support Officer to join our team, with the key responsibilities being:
- To support the day to day operations of the office
- To deal with correspondence and telephone calls for enquiries, dealing with clients and resolving queries
- To manage the data contained in our online portal
- Receive, record and process all data and information from partner organisations and ensure that this is passed on to the supply partners within agreed timescales
- Provide energy services advice and relevant information to tenants, staff of partner organisations and members of the public
- To undertake sales calls and assist with marketing when required
- Assist the Senior Support Officers and Operations Manager with the development of new projects and initiatives
- Assist with billing when required
- Follow and assist with our escalation process
- Answering emails proactively within a busy inbox within a set timed SLA
- Answering inbound calls within our set SLA’s
- Assist with ensuring we are GDPR compliant and following our procedures
- Achieve targets as set out in the business plan
- Achieve individual targets as set in your one to ones/appraisals
- Key Account Management – if required
- Or anything else requested by either the Director or Operations Manager
· Previous work experience within an office environment, minimum 1 years’ experience
· An administrative background
· Able to work under pressure, a good multitasker with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
· Excellent IT skills, Microsoft word/excel/outlook
· Highly organised with the ability to manage working on several projects at the same time
· A professional telephone manner when making and receiving customer calls
· Experience of working in the energy industry-desirable
· Proactive and able to work on own initiative and prioritise own workload
· A self-starter that can quickly pick up processes
Salary: £22,000 per year
So what are you waiting for, come join our team!
Application deadline: 31/05/2023